Apple Defender Flash Game Description
|Use the mouse and the left mouse button to build apple trees and turrets to defend them from the worms. The worms are trying to steal your apples. When the worms steal an apple from a tree, the tree will die. The game is over once all your apple trees have died. When an apple becomes red, you can click it to earn money. The longer you let the apples grow, the more money you will get. You can also upgrade turrets by clicking on them and if upgrades are available you can purchase them from the lower panel. You can also set a target for the turrets by clicking any worm.|
Defend your apples from the onslaught of worms in this exciting tower defense game. The worms will come from all directions to steal your apples and the only way to stop them is to blow them to pieces. With 37 different structures, there are endless possibilities and numerous strategies. How will you stop the worms? Watch out for the boss worms too, they are extra tough. Can you make it past level 50?
Hints / Tips / Strategies:
1) Upgrade your turrets quickly, upgraded turrets do a lot more damage.
2) Build several apple trees to get more money, as you'll need it to buy lots of turrets for the later levels. But be careful to manage your money, too many apple trees and not enough guns to protect them at the start and it'll be a quick death to you.
3) Consider the placement of your apple trees and turrets carefully - when worms get an apple, they always walk in a straight line from the tree to the exit (left side of the screen), use that to your advantage. You want to maximize the time you get to shoot at the worms and also make sure they walk past all your guns.
4) Another way to increase the time you get to kill the worms is to use the towers that freeze the worms - Blizzard is particularly good for that.
5) Repair towers also upgrades into a growth boost rate tower that makes the apples grow faster - this can be very useful when its fully upgraded and can lead to lots of additional apples and therefore money.
6) At different times in the game, different towers are more effective. Early on, rocket towers work well, the Gatling gun from the machine gun route is also quite effective early on. Later on in the game, you'll find the snow launcher and catapult routes better - try the upgrades that stem from the fire catapult and thorn launcher (Blizzard comes after this one).
7) Consider how you will deal with worms attacking your turrets. Packing your guns tightly is helpful, so is using a barrier of weak guns, and multiple overlapping repair towers can help too.
8) Use targeting to your advantage. Click on the worms you want your guns to target. It helps to target any worm who is running off with an apple to make sure they don't get away with it.